Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Well, You Have to Start Somewhere

I am embarrassed to post these pictures. But, we all have to start somewhere. And this is where I'm starting. I look at these pictures and do not feel happy about them. Maybe they will serve as motivation to keep going on days when I'm really struggling?? Someday I'll have to dig out my pictures from my heaviest (non-pregnant) moments. At my heaviest, I was 205. And I was incredibly un-happy with that number. Sometimes, it's hard to think back to how miserable and unhealthy I was at that time. Now at 174, I am still not at a healthy weight, but I am so much healthier than I ever was. I take care of myself more and I actually like myself. I still can't wait to get rid of 30 pounds though. Anyway, here are my "before" pictures. I can only improve, right?? I do think my legs are starting to look good - like runner's legs :)



Today I did my second day of the 30 Day Shred. Danny even did some with me. He wimped out after I started the push ups :)
Danny doing stretches with me. 



And so far I've eaten well. Tonight, I'm making boiled eggs, bacon, and the Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Toast for supper. I can't wait! Lately, I've been craving bread like crazy. Toasted with a little butter is my favorite, or toasted with a laughing cow cheese wedge. Makes for a good snack! I'm going to the gym tonight and going to aim for an 8 mile run. I'm hoping I can do it!! Tomorrow I'm still going to try and make it to my weight lifting class and then Thursday is a spin class. I'm hoping to do short 20 - 30 minute runs on those days. Friday I'm taking as a rest day and then Saturday is the Survival Race. I moved my wave time from morning to afternoon so that I can go with Derek to take the littles to one of their friends' birthday parties. Should be an eventful day! 

1 comment:

  1. You do have some runners legs going on! Before pics are so important so you can look back and see how far you have come!

    ReplyDelete