Thursday, April 5, 2012

Peace

I'm officially feeling much less stressed than I was earlier. I have even more work on my plate (this is a good thing though!), the kids were super wound up all night, my house is a mess (really it's just the dishes that need to be done and the trash needs to go out, so it's not TOO bad), and the husband is STILL at work. BUT, I went for my run. And it felt awesome! Every time I'm feeling frustrated and angry and just overwhelmed, I just need to remember to put on my running shoes and get out of the house. It really made a big difference in my attitude.

I got in 5.3 miles. I'm trying to up my speed, so I did some faster running mixed in with a little more walking than usual. Since I now know I can pretty much run a half marathon, my next goal is to run the whole thing - and do it faster! Tomorrow I'm hoping for a 7 - 8 mile run. It felt so good today; hopefully I'll feel this motivated tomorrow too. On Saturday, I'm hoping to do my first weight training class. Before I had Piper, I lifted weights twice a week by myself and once a week with a personal trainer. I was so very in shape. It was awesome. I'm really crossing my fingers that the weight lifting will re-shape my body, help me shed some of this my-husband-just-got-laid-off and the we're-moving-out-of-state-for-a-job weight, and make me stronger to go further with my running.

Anyway, just wanted to give a brief update and let you know that I am no longer frustrated. Although, when I went to pick up the kids from the gym daycare, the daycare worker told me that Danny was absolutely wild. So, I guess it's not just me that thinks he's being disobedient. He better get out of this disobedient phase soon. It's making me a little crazy!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for getting in your run, I always feel better after one :) Which is why it's so addictive! The best tip someone gave me when I was trying to improve my speed was to keep my feet under me and just move them faster rather than lengthing my stride. Also I started going to a spin class at the gym 3x a week and I think that has really helped my endurance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I need to get better about cross training in general! I was doing a spin class once a week, but haven't done it in almost a month now! Time to jump back on the bike :)

    ReplyDelete