Thursday, April 26, 2012

Joy

I'm currently sitting in-between both of my kids, while they rest and watch Finding Nemo. We are all cuddled on the couch and it is THE BEST! I love my kids!! The past week or two, we've all been struggling with colds and I think it has affected all of our patience, energy level, and ability to breathe :) The kids seem to be doing a little better, and my cold has moved on to just being a running nose. Woo-hoo!

Breathing was really hard this morning on my run. I made it 8.25 miles, but it was rough. Running with a runny nose is difficult because it messes up my breathing. I ended up sucking wind about 3 miles in, and had a hard time regaining my breathing cycle. It was also about 9 million degrees inside my gym (when I stepped outside though, it was about 20 million degrees - or 82* - , so I guess it was better than running outside!). So I was a sucking wind, hot sweaty mess. But I did it :) I used my Garmin to keep my pace as close to my last half-marathon pace as possible. I figure, if I can train at my previous half's pace, then on race day, I can pick up the pace a little more and cut down my time. Works in theory, right??
Feeling good about going for an 8 miler


















As a reward, I got me and the kids Sonic drinks. They got a small Cherry Limeade (one of my all-time favorites) and I got a Diet Dr. Pepper with diet cherry and vanilla. OMG! It was so incredibly good. Lunch was a quesadilla with a little leftover ground beef and salsa. It hit the spot. Now I'm ready for a nap. Seriously. I'm really tired. I've got my compression sleeves still on, hoping my legs will fill up to a 30 Day Shred workout later. Yesterday I did my Shred workout and then about an hour later, did my Body Pump class. It was killer, but I felt so good this morning when I woke up. Next week, I'm going to add more weight at my Body Pump class.

I didn't want to overdo it this week, though, because I have the Survival Race on Saturday. Last year, I did Warrior Dash and was freaking exhausted and sore afterwards. I had gone with some friends, though, and they were faster runners than me so I ended up running the whole course (obstacles included in 45 minutes). I don't know if I'll keep up that pace this year - especially since last year I did it in Seattle in rainy/misty 70* weather, and this year I'll be doing it in Forney in 82-85* weather. Danny had a birthday party in the morning, so I switched my wave time to 1pm, which means, running in high heat. I'm going to take it easy and just run for fun, not a time. At least this year, I won't have to change muddy clothes for clean clothes in my car and then drive 5 hours back to Spokane! I got some strange looks from people when I got gas and had mud still all over me :)

1 comment:

  1. Fun, I didn't know they were having one in Forney, wish I could go! The humidity is already killer, but the heat hasn't even begun yet :) Gotta love Texas!

    ReplyDelete