Monday, April 9, 2012

Doctor Visit

The doctor agreed that it was probably the shoes I was wearing causing my leg pain, and possibly overuse. He said it seemed like it was muscular in nature rather than a bone or tendon injury. I was very relieved about that. I was fearful that he would tell me that I needed x-rays to rule out stress fractures. But, it wasn't that. Woo-hoo!

He told me to take some Aleve, to run a little less for the next two weeks and try more cross training. And no weight lifting that would put any strain on my legs. I'm also supposed to use compression sleeves and ice after working out. I'm hoping that my new shoes do the trick and makes my legs feel fresh and new too.

We're going to a play-group meetup at Celebration Park in Allen, TX later today. I'm really excited about this, because this is the site of my full marathon in December. I think I might throw the stroller in the car and take the kids for a walk before we meet our group; just to get a feel for the location. I'm not sure if I'll get a run in today because my doctor's appointment was smack dab in the middle of the childcare morning hours at my gym and our play group is in the middle of the evening hours. So a walk might be the only real exercise I get today. And so far today I've eaten about a gazillion calories (okay, I had a leftover slice of pizza, coffee, and Cheddar Peppers from Sonic), so I need to do something active. A walk is a good cross-training too.

2 comments: