Tuesday, April 10, 2012

It's a Celebration

Yesterday my Mom's group met up at Celebration Park where my marathon (in December) is going to be. That is an awesome park and I'm totally stoked that my first ever marathon will be there. Hopefully there will be kids playing on the playground on the marathon day to keep my mind off of the fact that I'm running 26.2 miles! Yesterday, we just let the kids play on the playground and talked whenever our kids were playing near each other. The playground there is pretty amazing. It was a huge play structure with multiple areas that all different age groups could play on. Of course, Piper wanted to chase her brother and try to go down the super tall spiral slides just like Danny. And of course, I was officially the meanest mom ever and didn't let her go down them (she's just so *little*). Danny did pretty good too. He has this nasty habit of seeing open fields (soccer fields in the case of Celebration Park) and wanting to just run the length of them - without me knowing about it. He really only made one or two attempts to run off, so I was happy for that.

I had totally planned on going for a walk around the park after the kids played. BUT, it was 6pm, and the kids were completely red faced and downed the juice I brought for them in about 4.2 seconds and started asking for more (guess I should start bringing juice AND water as it gets hotter out). So, I packed up the kids and convinced my sister that we really, really needed some Mexican food. I had been so excited to move to Texas because of the food: BBQ, brisket, Mexican deliciousness, sweet tea....Really, though, we haven't had too much of those things since we've moved here. Something about being on a budget and not being able to eat out as often as we did back in Spokane *sigh* Anyway, we swung by her place and picked her up and went to a place called Chuy's. I ended up getting the Boom Boom Chicken and a Texas Martini (complete with olives stuffed with jalepenos). It was spicy and oh so delicious!!

We made a pit stop at my sister's and played with her dog (my kids are nuts about dogs) and then headed home. Piper asked to go to bed as soon as we got home, but Danny, of course, wanted to play. If I had just one ounce of that kids energy.....! I ended up putting them to bed and then crawled into bed at 10pm. I was so exhausted!

Today has been a day busy cleaning. We've had pretty much non-stop guests for the last two weeks, and my Dad and Grandma are coming into town for a visit on Saturday. I have cleaned for every person as they get into town (vacuuming, washing sheets, picking up kitchen, etc), but my house is still getting messier and messier and messier. I think every grandparent has brought a suitcase full of toys and treats for the kids, and then we had Easter too. Plus I worked a lot last week. Long story short, despite all my best efforts, my house is trashed and has toys everywhere. I vacuumed the whole house, and washed everyone's sheets, and did all the dishes like normal, but today I went a step farther and cleaned out my fridge and freezer, did some meal planning, *folded and put away* all the laundry I've washed and put into laundry baskets the last two weeks, and even washed the kids' lovies. I'm going to tackle the kids' toys in a little bit. They are out of control!

And my weight watchers has not been going that great. My supper last night was beyond delicious, but when you add in the points that I already had eaten for the day, I ate approximately 91 points. In one day. Yikes! Today, I have done SO much better and am not going over my allotted points, but it's just a little dissapointing to know that I screwed up so royally. Oh well, the past is the past for a reason. You can't change it; just learn from it and move on. Luckily, as I cleaned out my fridge and freezer and cupboards, I discovered quite a bit of fresh fruit and vegetables that need to be eaten before they go bad. So I am planning my meals around those items. And I found a whole loaf of cinnamon brown sugar swirl bread. It is the best!! Especially when you toast it and put a 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter on it. Man! Totally worth it and reasonably low-point and satisfies a sweet tooth as well :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna have to check that park out, haven't been there! Chuy's is my fav mexican restaurant next to Gloria's.....I super heart love Gloria's rice and bean dip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try Gloria's - I love, love, love Mexican food! And Celebration Park would make for a nice outdoor run too.

    ReplyDelete