Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spending Birthday Money

I'm so excited! Yesterday I went to Run On (my new favorite running store) and spent some birthday money that was burning a hole right threw my pocket. I showed up in my old running shoes and the guy helping me went crazy. I guess my old-favorite running store back in Spokane sold me shoes meant for someone that has flat feet with NO arches (I was running on Brooks Addiction 9's). They had like 5 running shoe salespeople look at how I walked/ran and decided that I had fairly normal arches and in no way, shape, or form did I need shoes for flat feet. Also, running on the wrong shoes (especially the ones that I was running on which had a thick, hard foam core thing in the arch area) can cause leg pain and injury. Huh....maybe that's why both of my legs hurt in the exact same spot??

Here are the beauties that I ended up going with. Asics Cumulus'. Super comfy - although I haven't taken them out for a run yet (today was my resting day and I'm really trying to rest my legs).

I also bought a Garmin Forerunner 210. It's so cool!! Again, I haven't had a chance to really take it out and play with it, but so far it's been fun. I haven't had a watch in a good little bit because my battery ran out, so knowing what time it is has been phenomenal. I'm kind of a nut about knowing what time it is, so I love that I can use it as a watch as well as a GPS unit. I am so excited to use this! If you've been thinking about getting a Garmin - read this review of the 210. It's what sold me on the 210.

I also stopped by and got my eyebrows threaded. That seems to be the big thing here in Texas. Forget waxing your eyebrows, threading is the new hotness. But holy crap! That hurt!! I was literally crying. It was bad. I've done pain-medication free childbirth twice. Both times having been induced with pitocin which brings on crazy huge contractions. I didn't cry then. Well, maybe a little. But eyebrow threading? I don't know if I could do this again. It was really, really painful. I did need to get my eyebrows done because they were outta control. But that was probably the most painful birthday present I've ever given myself - it even hurt worse than getting a tattoo. Maybe I'm just a baby though :)

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear they got you in some good shoes! The Cumulus is pretty much the opposite of the Addiction. And people rarely need as much structure as the Addiction gives. (Former shoe store employee here!)
    You'll have fun with the Garmin too. It's great motivation!

    ReplyDelete