Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I Don't Think We're in Kansas Anymore!

We survived! In case you haven't heard, Dallas-Forth Worth was rocked by some big ol' tornadoes yesterday. And the storms started rolling in right smack dab in the middle of P's nap. With the tornado sirens going off, I grabbed D, woke up P, and put both of the kiddos in the bathtub. I then grabbed D's mattress off of his little toddler bed and put it in the tub, and grabbed the kids' lanterns and my big lantern with the AM/FM radio on it (and cell phone charger!). *There* We were tornado-proofed.

I spent the next 2.5 hours going back and forth from the TV to the bathroom tub, where my two VERY restless toddlers were camped out in the tub. We ate oreos, had milk, read books, played Mobigo, watched Team Umizoomi on the laptop, played Ispy....anything and everything we could do to pass the time. Two and a half hours is a long time to keep little kids occupied and happy. Especially since I was a little scared myself! 

There was some BAD damage in Arlington and Fort Worth, but it seems like my small little town was spared any damage. A tornado did touch down about one town over, but that was as close as it got. I guess tornadoes and thunderstorms and flash floods are something that we're just going to have to get used to living in Texas. 

Today the weather was back to normal and was actually quite nice. We went outside and played for about an hour and a half. It was gorgeous! Back in Spokane, they are getting snow. I guess I can handle 2.5 hours with tornado warnings instead of days of snow and snow and ice packed roads with the potential to crash at any moment. I guess each region has it's own weather problems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment