Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sink or Swim!

Triathlon day is here! I got up early thinking my Dad (who thinks getting up at 4am is a "normal" time to get up) would be up, but he's still fast asleep. So, I of course decided to blog a bit. I can't wait to see how this triathlon goes and if I'll be a convert. We were joking around last night and I said I was going to be a 'triathlete' and my husband said, "Your going to try to be an athlete??" Which I thought was pretty funny. But maybe that's just me because that's what I feel like sometimes. Like I'm really trying to be athletic. Before I took up running, I would never have thought of myself as an athlete. But now.....am I a runner? An athlete? I don't know. I just know it feels fantastic when I run and I'm training for my third half marathon in one year. That just sounds crazy to think that my first half marathon ever was only last year, and now I have set a lofty goal of completing a full marathon in December and possibly doing a sprint (outdoor) triathlon sometime this summer. I feel athletic...so maybe I am!

I still haven't cut up my veggies for my breakfast salads, so I decided to try something that Monica over at RunEatRepeat makes. And OMG! Now I know why she eats it so much. It's so incredibly good!! Here is what I did:

  • Warm up a 1/2 cup of pumpkin in the microwave for about 30 seconds. 
  • Add a little Splenda to your taste. 
  • Add pumpkin pie spice and vanilla (I just shook some in; didn't measure) 
  • Add some granola (I did a 1/4 cup of vanilla almond)
  • Throw on some Chia seeds (which are actually pretty good - a little expensive - but pretty good)
  • And the best ingredient: 1 tablespoon of creamy peanut butter 
  • Mix it all up and enjoy. You'll thank me! 
It kept me full until about 1:30 pm when I ate it at 8:30 am yesterday. I'm doing it again today for race day. It's a little high in points, but it was so good and filling, that I'm going back for more. Now I better go get ready for that race!

2 comments:

  1. You GO Girl!! My boyfriend has completed a few triathalons and is trying to get me to try them. I too, never considered myself an athelete and even still after running 2 half marathons I still struggle with thinking that. I just started my own blog about my journey in being active and trying to get healthy and losing weight. I am looking forward to following your journey!!
    http://crazymamaofboys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete