Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pay Attention

Plans for an 8 mile run yesterday pretty much went out the door as soon as I posted my last blog update. Danny was being an extreme pill (stealing his sister's lovie, throwing things, screaming fits, etc) and I was just not up for taking him out in public. So we stayed home and I made supper and we had a pretty chill night. I don't know why Danny has decided to be a little pill, but I'm taking measures today to resolve the issue. I'm going to do some activities with him and hope that keeping him entertained will make him behave better. I've been kind of engrossed in work and doing my own thing (when I don't feel well, I really just want to sit and read books - which I've done a fair amount of) and maybe he's just trying to get some attention and being naughty is the way to get the attention. So today, he is getting showered in attention. Hope it works because my nerves are shot!

I did do my 30 Day Shred yesterday and I'm planning on doing it as soon as the P goes down for her nap this afternoon. I'm debating going to my weight lifting class tonight just because I'm already doing weight lifting and I still want to get my long run in. Maybe I'll lift today and then skip my spin class tomorrow for a long run?? I was a little disappointed this morning when I weighed myself and saw a slight gain. I thought for sure I would be down since I've been eating well and lifting my weights. But, really, from other posts I've seen, the 30 Day Shred takes off more inches than pounds. Which is fine by me :) I did take my measurements before I started - just haven't posted them yet. Sometime soon I'll do that. For now, though, I better get off the computer and go love on my boy!

2 comments:

  1. I bet you see a difference in the inches! Hopefully all the attention works, my 3 year could be showered in attention all day every day and still be a pill :) She needs a sibling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I unearthed a secret stash of matchbox cars and am now the world's greatest mom :) Danny has a sibling - and that's usually how he gets in trouble (intentionally stealing her blankie, her doll, her milk cup,etc). It must just be the age!

    ReplyDelete