Saturday, March 31, 2012

Yesterday

Yesterday was a busy day. I had to finish up two grants for work and get them submitted. Those grants sucked my will to live this past week, I swear. I was so mentally exhausted (and physically from the half marathon) that after I wrote grants for the day, my day was pretty much shot. I did get them submitted, though, by about 3pm - 4 whole hours before they were due. I could have totally procrastinated 4 more hours :) I did find out that a grant I wrote for about 2 months ago was granted to my company yesterday, too, so that was a little bit of a mental boost!

I did a 4.3 mile run yesterday. I started out walking a good 10 minutes and then did 10 minutes of running, and then it all kind of went back and forth from there. My gym was about 80 bajillion degrees and I was getting hot and sweaty by mile 1. By the time mile 4 came around I was seriously about to die. I had wanted to do 5 miles, but I was so tired that I called it at 4.3 (plus the gym daycare was going to close in a few minutes so I wouldn't have even been able to walk the remaining .7 miles). I don't know why, but I was just ticked off that I only got 4 miles in. To me, 4 miles doesn't seem like a "real" running distance. You either go hard and run your butt off in a 5k, or you make it to 5 miles. One or the other. You don't stop at 4. Four is just an in-between distance that you do when you get done with your 5k and feel like you go a little further, or you give-up on your 5 mile run (which I did, and is probably why I was grumpy about that distance). Either way, I did it, and it felt good and I didn't hurt. Which I guess is what I should really focus on and not gripe about distances.

After my run and my grant writing, I had planned on doing a total house clean up and going shopping for some shorts before my Mom showed up from Shreveport. My mom, however, ended up only having to work a half day, so she showed up about 1 hour after I finished grant writing. Yeah! She had just missed a family dance party too. The kids were being wild and D was hitting P, and things were getting out of hand. So I turned on my Ipod and blasted it and we danced like crazy for 4 songs, and then things calmed down. It was actually a bit of fun and it did make D not hit P anymore....Anyway, I had gotten some of the house cleaned, but still had a ways to go. My mom is always nice enough to overlook the mountain of toys strewn throughout the living room and the piles of clean (but unfolded) laundry in baskets in the hallway. She even helped me fold laundry last night. She's great!

We had supper at Chik-fil-A. I had intended to be really good about eating there. I ordered their Fruit and Chargrilled Salad (which is so stinking good!), but then P didn't eat her fries and I didn't want to just throw them away, so in my mouth they went. Then after a bout of shopping (where I bought a super cute running skirt and some new flip flops from Ross), we got her and the kids a yogurt parfait from McDonald's. Again, P didn't eat hers, so I finished hers off. Ahhh! Oh well, it's my birthday weekend, and I'm not too worried.

Today we are going to an Easter Egg Hunt and then hanging out with the family (and drinks later tonight!). It's been a good birthday so far. I'm 30 - yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment