Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring Ahead and Snooze

Anyone else still feeling completely groggy by the time change? I am in total snooze mode and can't seem to get over it. I'm currently on my second cup of coffee, and I started taking my B Vitamins again. Come on energy boost! And I know that exercise is supposed to wake you up, but I can't even make it to the gym, which makes it really hard to get that energy boost! Last night I went for a run (for the first time this week - yikes!), and was so late in getting to the gym, that after only 2.5 miles I had to stop running because it was 6:30 and I knew the kids would be starving by the time I made supper. I did feel slightly more awake after my little bit of exercise, but today I am back to being tired.

This morning, I got the kids in the car and was all ready to go, and realized that by the time I would get to the gym, there would only be about 20 minutes before the daycare area at the gym closed. FAIL. So, I got the kids out of their carseats and came back inside and did the Mommy Preschool lessons and had lunch. P doesn't seem to have really adjusted to the time change either, because she has had a horrible time taking her naps this week. Momma is not ready for TWO kids not taking naps! She is currently "resting" in her room while D watches the Smurfs movie. My plan is go to the gym at 4:30 today (when the afternoon daycare session opens) and run my heart out. Or until I reach 5 miles. Whichever comes first!

Despite my lack of energy, we have been keeping busy. We've done 3 days of Mommy Preschool, which D seems to have taken to really well. He has even started singing the little songs with me instead of me just singing to him, which is a plus. Yesterday, we took a little adventure with my meetup group to Jump Mania out in Plano. The kids had fun, but it was CRAZY busy. There were little kids everywhere, and it was just a little insane. It is spring break here, and I guess all the mommas had the same idea as us to let their kids get their energy out. For the three of us to go, it was only $10, which wasn't too bad. They had more than just jumping too - they had a couple of little kitchens with plastic food (which was really nice), some bean bag chairs and couches for mommas and daddies (with a big, flat screen TV playing HGTV - my fave channel!!), and some little red cars to ride in (which is where my kids spent the majority of their time). After that, we met my sister KL for lunch and then went for a playground trip where D had an accident and pooed in his boots (after he had *just* gone to the bathroom too!). It was an adventure for sure! Then after all that, we went to the gym. Maybe that is why I'm exhausted :)

Today, we are headed to the library for a St. Patrick's Day Cake Walk. There is supposed to be all sorts of characters there from local sports teams, the Chick-Fil-A cows, etc and of course, cake. I don't know if my kids will really get it, but I saw the word "cake" and new it was an activity meant for me! I just have to be careful to not eat too much cake - I am determined to be in the 160's by my birthday, and I have about two weeks to go, and two pounds to lose. I can do it IF I don't make bad decisions between now and then. Maybe we can win individually wrapped cupcakes! Portion control is where it's at. I better start getting ready, though, because at my snail's pace, I'm sure it will take me an hour to get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment