Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Adoption

No, I'm not adopting. But my friend (and only follower!) is. I had the pleasure to get to know Erin during college when we were both in the Community Health Education program at Eastern Washington University (Go Eagles!). Erin is one of the sweetest, kindest ladies I know. She is committed to God, her family, and her community. She is someone that I look up to and admire - she is such a great mom and is always doing things with her kiddos. Plus, in her pictures, her house always looks clean. How can you NOT admire that???

Erin and her equally amazing husband, Tim, decided to adopt a baby from Africa back in 2010. They began the process (which is QUITE lengthy and expensive, as it turns out), and have been placed with a little girl in Ethiopia. Her name is Harper, and from what I hear (Erin can't post pictures of her online as that can jeopardize their standing with the courts) she is beautiful! Erin and Tim have now been given a court date in Ethiopia, and will be travelling there next month to meet their little girl face to face for the first time. Like I said, though, this process is expensive. They are trying to raise money for their trip to Africa, and then the return trip when they will get to actually go get their little girl and bring her home. So, I have a favor to ask of all of you blogger stalkers (I see you!): give up your cup of coffee for a day or two and donate that money to bring baby Harper home to her forever family. It's easy to do, and it's through Paypal, so it's secure and legit and all that (Erin's smart like that). Here is her blog with the information for the Puzzle Fundraiser. I promise you, Erin and Tim are wonderful parents, and are going to truly bring happiness and love to this little girl. As a friend, I hope that I can convince some of you to donate so that they don't end up having to take out so many loans to provide a loving home to Harper.

2 comments:

  1. Leyna,

    There are no words, I have lots of tears though:) Thanks friend for writing this. And thank you for your donation and all the love and support you have given us!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, hopefully it will speak to someone and help you guys out a little! <3

    ReplyDelete