Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Wake Up

Woke up this morning to a sweet little voice saying, "Wake Up Mommy!" - with clapping for emphasis. I love my little Piper girl and her wake up calls. I guess I didn't wake up fast enough though because by the time I made it to the living room, Danny was up and playing with the Ipad and Piper had totally wreaked havoc on our TV/Receiver. Currently, the only channel I'm getting is PBS (wonder how she managed THAT one??). Hoping the hubs wakes up soon to fix the problem, or else I'm stuck watching Curious George all day haha

I also woke up to 171.4 on the scale - woo-hoo! Under two pounds to go until I'm in the 160's. I can do this! Last night I spent a considerable amount of time on weight watchers' website looking up recipes and tips. Right now, I'm not 'officially' doing weight watchers (read: I don't pay or go to meetings), but as soon as I'm back to 161, I'll be back to my lifetime weight watchers weight and will be able to attend for free again. So only ten pounds to go until I can go back to meetings! I reached lifetime status back in 2004 when I lost 60 pounds. I kept the weight off for about 2 years, then I started grad school and the weight started creeping back on. Two babies, a big cross-country move, and too many cheeseburgers later, I am now in the 'overweight' category. I can't wait to be in a healthy weight range again and to fit back into my clothes. I had gotten down to the 150's last May and bought new clothes - which now just don't fit quite right. Can't wait to get back into them (especially since a lot of them are summery clothes!).

Today, I'm hoping to do an 8 mile run and then I have to come home and do some work. Today is almost my last "free" day to put in a lot of hours at my work-from-home job. Tomorrow I start a whirlwind meetup extravaganza. Wednesday - Saturday, I'll be driving into "town" for meetups with different groups - two of those meetups will be with my running group, which I can't wait to try out. Hopefully it won't be too hot; it's supposed to be in the high 80's. Can't wait to tell you all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment