Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Miss You

The past couple of days have been a struggle for me. My heart is just not in anything. I think I've just been missing my people back in Spokane. I was talking to a friend from back home and some things happened in her life about a month ago. And it just broke my heart. First, my heart broke for my friend and then after a day or two, my heart broke again. Because our friendship had become so distant that she didn't call to tell me her news right away. I know. I'm the one that moved. But it still hurts that my friends and I have become distant.

I just miss having good friends and I feel like I'm in a sort of friendship limbo. I just have to repeat to myself that I will have friends here in Texas. I will have friends here in Texas. It just takes time.

Being kind of bummed out, I haven't really felt like doing anything other than lying on the couch and reading a book. I didn't do my 30 Day Shred Saturday, Sunday, or Monday (I did my race Saturday, and then no other exercise at all for the last couple of days). Today I got up and went to the gym and did some bike workouts. I tried running, but I just couldn't get into it. So, I left the gym. I am going to do my 30 Day Shred today. And I'm cleaning up the house. I started that yesterday. I am a firm believer that if you want to feel better about life, start by cleaning your house. Not that I'm an impeccable house keeper (actually, far from the truth), but if your house is clean, you will feel better about life.

Plus, I get to spend time with these lovelies. Life is good. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment