Monday, May 14, 2012

Cookies

Cookie attack! After begging me all morning, I caved to my son wanting to make cookies. So we busted out the mixing bowls, butter, chocolate chips, and sugar and got to baking. We made 30 chocolate chip cookies. I ate four, but am trying not to beat myself up about it because they were REALLY, REALLY good and hit the spot. I'd been hungry since lunch and had tried to make a healthy snack of lunch meat and reduced fat cheese, but it just wasn't filling me up and wasn't filling the 'void' in my stomach/heart/brain that I needed it to fill. The cookies were just the right mix of yummy deliciousness to make me un-hungry. Sometimes you have to give in to a craving in order to not eat a whole bunch of crap that you don't really want but is "healthy." In other words, a bunch of healthy stuff can have just as many calories as a little bit of unhealthy stuff. I'm glad I ate them - even if that means that I am going to have a big plain salad tonight instead of the taco salad I had planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment