Friday, May 11, 2012

Resetting Your Brain

The past two weeks, I've been having some 'woe is me' days and just feeling lonely and sorry for myself. I saw some pictures from our trip to the Fort Worth Zoo, and was just ashamed. I looked really heavy. And the truth of the matter is, I haven't been working as hard as I could be. I've been cheating on eating healthy and it shows. The scale has gone up. I feel bloated and unhealthy.

So I decided I would reset my brain. Yes, I'm not where I want to be, but I'm not going to get there if I keep just putting food into my mouth without thought. Losing weight is hard, but I've done it before and I can do it again. I don't think there is a person out there that will tell you they lost weight and it was super easy. Because it's just not. Whether you are trying to lose five pounds or fifty, losing weight is a challenge. It takes a lot of will power, sweat, and tears to get to where you want to be. And I need to work on my will power. Something might look delicious, but if it makes you feel like crap after you've eaten it, then it is totally NOT worth it.

I also keep comparing myself to other people. I just need to remember that I am the only one responsible for what goes into my mouth. If other people can eat tacos, brownies, cupcakes, and drink beer and still lose weight - good for them. But I am not that person. I can't tell myself that if they do it, then I can too. Because it doesn't work like that. Not for me anyway.

I hope this motivation holds and I can keep it going. I need to hold on to my motivation. I really, really want to bust out of these 170's. I know it's just a number on a scale, but right now, every time I see a 170's (which is always), I just get so disappointed in myself. Mainly because I've been in the 170's for about 6-8 months now. I've been close to the 160's but haven't made it there before I overeat and shoot back up to the high 170's. But now, I'm changing that. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I just need to repeat that a few times to myself and maybe it'll stick :)

1 comment:

  1. 170's was mentally hard for me too, but once I got into the 160's is got easier :) Sometimes you just need to reset, I've done it several times, keep up the HARD work, it will happen!!

    ReplyDelete