Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Busy Days

Oh busy, busy May days! It never ceases to amaze me how busy May always becomes. My work always increases in May just because May is finally warm enough in Washington State to get out and do things, and it's beautiful here so the kids and I are spending lots of time outside. Plus, we had my Mom and step-dad here for the weekend, and then my brother in law is here this week from Alaska. Seriously - it has been a mad-house here!

On Saturday (which was like a bajillion degrees with 105% humidity), we took the fam-bam to the Fort Worth Zoo. Loads of fun and pictures to come (my mom played photographer). This was our first trip to the Fort Worth Zoo and it was amazing. I think the meerkats and the Asian Rhinoceros' were my favorite. If it hadn't been so hot, we would have walked around more, but after two hours in the steamy outdoors, we called it a day. Danny ended up with a minor sunburn on one cheek and the top of his lip. Next time we will make him wear a hat in addition to the sunscreen - that boy is so fair skinned! Piper didn't burn but missed her nap so she was a hot mess. We got snow cones to cool off and I was super excited to find out that they have a wedding cake snow cone flavor. How cool is that? After that, we went out to Fuzzy's Taco for a beer and tacos for Cinco De Mayo. It was super yummy as always and the kids even behaved themselves (even though they didn't really eat) so we all had a good time.

Sunday morning, my Mom and Step-dad left and my brother in law came in a few hours later. We hadn't seen him for a long, long time, so we were really excited to see him. Piper kept calling him Papa. I guess she thinks anyone that is not Derek is a 'papa.' Yesterday, we took his brother KC to McKinney to go to their downtown area. We went to Loco Cowpoke (which has phenomenal salsa and BBQ marinades/rubs - great place to go for Father's Day presents) and the Mom and Pops popcorn/candy store across the street. I got a jar of salsa and Danny and Piper got a few handfuls of candy. After that, we went to Derek's work to show KC around, went to Celebration Park for some let the kids run wild time, and then toured Allen looking at some of the houses our realtor sent us as our next possible rental house. Busy day! We then went over to my sister's house and watched the Capitols game (boo they lost!) and got Torchy's tacos (an Austin based company that just started a new location in Allen). I also got Orange Creme Ale - which was delicious!

With all that food, I'm sure you can guess that I have not been losing weight. I've come to terms with this even if it does make me a little sad that I gained 4 pounds from the time I weighed in on Friday morning until I weighed myself today (*sigh*). I did my 30 Day Shred every day last week, but haven't done it since Friday. I did my measurements on Friday and I had lost a total of 6.5 inches, so I'm hoping that I continue to lose after I start back up on my shredding tomorrow.

I have my Run Like a Mother race on Sunday with my Mom (yes, she's coming back into town on Friday). Can't wait for the 5k race, but really can't wait for the t-shirt haha I just think it's going to be cute. Anyway, gotta get back to family time.

No comments:

Post a Comment