Thursday, May 2, 2013

Hello 2013

So, it's been quite a few months since I last posted (okay, okay, half a year. Whatevs.). I ran my marathon on 12/31/2012 in 5 hours, 46 minutes. It was cold, rainy, and kind of miserable, but I did it!  And the next day I walked a 5k and started to eat clean. I've kept up with the clean eating (for the most part!) and have kept up my running. I ran a 27:40 in a 5k last month (the Big D 5k). That was a huge PR or me. My goal for this year has been to become a little faster and to run more days per week. I've already registered for my next marathon: the San Antonio Rock n Roll in November. I don't start my actual training plan until July, so I have until then to ramp up my speed.

Here are some 2012 running/fitness goals:

  1. Run at least 3 days per week and one long run on the weekend. 
  2. Get my 5k down to below 30 minutes. (Which, I totally crushed this one!!)
  3. Get my half-marathon time to 2:15 or below.
  4. Get my marathon time down to at least 5:30. 
  5. Do at least one triathlon (scheduled for 6/23/2013).
  6. Start lifting some weights. (I've been slacking on this one!!)
  7. Continue to lose weight. (Since starting weight watchers back in October, I've lost 25 pounds).

No comments:

Post a Comment