Friday, May 10, 2013

a sick SAHM

I started feeling a little crummy on Wednesday night: sore throat, headache, stuffed up nose. Danny and Derek both had this a few weeks ago, so I guess it should be no surprise that it is my turn now.

Being a stay at him mom (SAHM) is a hard job on a regular day; being a SAHM while you are sick is just extremely difficult. I think my darling children somehow know mommy is sick and lacking in patience and have been going hog wild the past few days. Piper has been refusing to nap, eat her lunch, and has just been a little defiant - well, a little more than her usual sassy self. Danny has been running, screaming, making fake fart noises (yes, we have entered that sacred part of boyhood where farts and burps - both of the real and fake variety - are hilarious), and causing general chaos. I find myself looking forward to bedtime. I'm just SO tired!

It's just exhausting taking care of two kids when you are sick. Hoping this sickness passes quickly so I can get back to my normal self. I miss being able to call in sick!!

No comments:

Post a Comment