Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Five Things About Me

Here's a few tidbits about me. Because I'm bored.

1. I love to read. My favorite books are: Second Glance by Jodie Piccoult, The Mercy of Thin Air by Ronlyn Domingue, and The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. My favorite authors, though, are Jodie Piccoult, Jennifer Weiner, and Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

2. In my professional life, I could teach CPR to 60 healthcare professionals and not bat an eye. Ask me to make small talk with those same 60 people, though, and I cringe at the thought of it! Funny how a shy person ended up with a job where you had to do public speaking on a regular basis. I even did news broadcasts about once a quarter and did a video segment for my work's video annual report. For the annual report thing, I even had a hair and make-up lady. Very posh - wish I had that everyday!!

3. When I hear a good song on the radio, I blast it. Well, when Danny and Piper aren't in the car anyway! Current faves are: Drive By by Train, Scream by Usher, and Bottoms Up by Trey Songz (this is my fave running song - makes we want to bust out dancing in the middle of my runs!).

4. I want to go to Australia someday. Really badly. Swimming with fish totally freaks me out, but I really want to go swim in the Great Barrier Reef. And see Ayers Rock. And say, "The dingoes stole my baby!"

5. I order weird drinks when I go to bars. I never know what I want, so I usually end up ordering off of the restaurant drink menu. I've ordered a drink called The Sloth before. It tasted as good as it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment