Sunday, November 4, 2012

Two month catch up

Oh, hi! That's right.....I have a blog?!?! I have really neglected my little blog for almost two months now. Whoops! Not too terribly much has happened in that time. I'm still running (got up to 18 miles so far in my marathon training), cooking (have started using Bountiful Baskets to get fruits and veggies), and taking care of my littles (Danny is now loving preschool, Piper is resisting potty training). See, all caught up! :)

I officially rejoined weight watchers about a month ago. This means actually going to the meetings and tracking and counting all that I'm eating. I've been losing and feeling positive about reaching my ultimate weight goal by end of May 2013. That seems so far away now, but I know it will be here before I know it. My personal goal is to be at my goal weight by the time I run the 2013 Patriot Half Marathon. Only about 6.5 more months to go! But that will mean I will be back to my pre-Piper/pregnancy weight. *someday*

My full marathon is quickly approaching. It is actually 8 weeks from tomorrow! I'm very, very excited and pleased with how my training is going. I'm still slow, but that's okay with me. My goal is just to finish....in hopefully about 5.5 hours. I did 18 miles yesterday in 3 hours, 48 minutes, and 2 seconds. I just need to add 8 more miles to reach my marathon. I think I can do it! It has made me anxious to plan my next marathon adventure.

I have already mentioned my plans for the Cowtown Ultramarathon and am now registered for the Texas Independant Relay (203 miles of awesome relay fun!!), but I am also considering a couple of fall 2013 marathons. I don't think I would ever qualify for the New York City marathon, or the Boston marathon..but Chicago currently does not require you to meet a qualifying time and I don't believe they rely on a lottery entry. How cool would it be to run Chicago?!?!?!? Also around that same time is the Route 66 Marathon in Tulsa. It has won awards for the best medal. And if you know me, you know I'm all about the race bling :) Anyone up for a race-cation?

I went and visited my family in Nashville at the end of September. It was my first solo trip with kids. 14 hours in the car with two littles was exhausting. But, being able to see my dad, step-mom, grandmas, aunts, uncles, and cousins was totally worth it. We had a great time and my step-mom and I did the Lady Speedstick Women's Half-marathon. That was one very hilly course!! I did set a PR though, so yeah! 2 hours and 36 minutes. It was a PR by like a minute. But still a PR. Plus it was on an extremely hilly course, so I felt really great about that.

Well, hopefully I won't forget about my blog for two months again. No promises though - sometimes life just gets in the way of blogging. And your three year old steals your iPad to play angry birds and bad piggies.

2 comments:

  1. I think you're wonderful, beautiful, an am so very proud of you! Keep on keeping on my girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your back and blogging too! Good luck with training and tapering!

    ReplyDelete