Sunday, November 11, 2012

7 Weeks

Can you believe it? There are only SEVEN more weeks until my marathon. I'm so excited/happy/nervous that it is unbelievable. I'm still having a bit of trouble staying motivated to run my midweek runs, but I am doing them....so I guess that's all that matters. I am not, however, following my training plan. That has me a little stressed out - mostly because I've been skipping over the mid-week semi long run (I'm supposed to do one midweek run ranging from 6-10 miles in addition to my shorter weekday runs and Saturday long run) and I'm wondering how that will affect my endurance for the full marathon. I was reading some info from Jeff Galloway yesterday, though, and his impression was that as long as you are doing *something* during the week and your long Saturday run, you should be okay. After my 18 miler last weekend, I am confident that I can go 26 miles. Running, walking, or crawling - I will cross that finish line!! I just mostly worry about my endurance to keep up a good pace and not take the full 6.5 hours allotted for the course. Plus, I don't want to be SO sore afterwards that I can't keep up my Saturday long runs (after a few weeks of rest, of course) so that I can properly train for the Cowtown Ultra. Oh running!! Who knew it was such a mental sport that requires planning, evaluation, refinement, and re-evaluation? No wonder this health educator loves running!!

A lot of 'life' will also be taking place in the next 7 weeks as well. My baby boy will turn 4 (!!!) is the biggest happening on the forefront of my mind right now. Can't believe my little guy is so big! I think I've decided on a birthday party location. I don't know why, but picking a place for his first party that will not be at our house has caused me a great deal of stress. The place I really wanted to have his party is moving locations and won't be able to host his party until January. And that just seems cruel to make a little one wait four weeks after his actual birthday for his party. So I'm settling on another place. I think. I keep going back and forth about the whole thing! What do you think...wait four weeks for the place I really want, or just do it now? His birthday is about two weeks before Christmas, so maybe January *would* be better just so we get a better turnout?? See, told ya - stressing me out!

There will also be two little holidays inbetween now and my marathon. Thanksgiving is coming up quickly, and Christmas will be here before we know it. Better start planning for those too. I absolutely love Christmas. It's my favorite time of year. Trimming the tree, Christmas carols, holiday parties. Love it all! Lots to look forward to in the next 7 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment